Unlocking the art of heartfelt communication, Useful Phrases for Informal Letters breathe life into our written words, transforming them into cherished keepsakes.
In a world driven by digital dialogues, the magic of penning informal letters still holds its sway, capturing emotions that resonate deeply.
Whether it’s rekindling friendships, expressing gratitude, or simply staying connected, mastering these phrases opens doors to authentic connections.
This article delves into a treasury of expressions, enriching your epistolary adventures with the warmth and spontaneity they deserve.
Let’s embark on a journey of words that bridge the gap between distance and intimacy, one phrase at a time.
Useful Phrases for Informal Letters
-Hey, how have you been?
-How are you doing during this period of time?
-I hope you are doing fine!
-Can’t want to meet you!
-I am writing to tell you that you mean a lot to me!
-How is your family?
-It was great to receive a letter from you!
-It has been a long time, man!
-Meet me soon!
-I miss you a lot!
-Lots of love and regards!
-With affectionate regards!
-We should plan to meet!
-Hugs and best wishes to you!
-I pray for your speedy recovery!
-You are my lucky charm!
-I am beyond happy to receive a letter/email from you!
-Can’t believe I am gonna see you soon!
-Let me know if you want anything!
-Thank you, uncle, for the lovely gift!
-I always wanted to have these super cool chucks; thank you!
-I am glad to hear from you!
-I hope you are in good health!
-It is a gentle reminder that I am there for you!
-Hey rockstar, how are you doing these days?
-I hope you keep me in your prayers!
-No call and text from you leave me in distress, do call when you get time!
-Did you like the gift?
-Dad, I am writing to inform you that I have been admitted to the college on merit!
-Woah! That’s huge! Let’s celebrate!
-Tell me if you need anything from here.
-Remember, we are just physically apart, but we are still close emotionally!
-Make a reply to my text/letter.
-I expect a good reply from your side!
-Deliver my message to your mom!
-Did you hear about the event taking place in our state?
-What are you planning for this new year’s eve?
-I hope to see you at Christmas!
-Festival doesn’t excite us anymore without you, dear!
-Dad has been worrying about you lately!
-Let me know if you need money before you are broke!
-Do you have enough money to go for this month?
-I recommend you talk to dad about this matter; it looks serious!
-I met your friend the day before yesterday!
-By the by, you know we love you, right?
-I hope this letter reaches you in good health and mood!
-Did you recover from dengue?
-Do visit a dentist if the teeth are causing you trouble!
-What are you planning for next month?
-Are you still in your home town?
-Recently, I read Pride and Prejudice; it was wow!
-Are you free this weekend?
-I am too excited about the program taking place at my college!
-I am returning home this month, what about you?
-How are things there?
-Are you able to put up with the changes?
-Did you make new friends?
-I hope your roommate is good!
-How are your studies going on?
-If you need any help regarding your studies, let me know!
-What are your plans after graduation?
-I heard you are showing interest in music, is it?
-Oh, I would love to hear you playing the piano!
-I got a guitar for you; I hope you would like it!
-Write back soon!
-I know you have been dodging calls and texts, but I don’t know the reason why!
-Talk to us. Maybe we can help you!
-We are planning to visit granny this vacation. Will you be able to join us?
-Your granny is not doing well! Do visit her if you can!
-Your younger brother has been willing to talk to you!
-Can you share some time for us this Sunday?
-How is your new job?
-Did you settle there?
-I heard you are looking for a room, is it?
-It has been a long time!
-I know you are busy but let me know if you can take some time for me!
-Take your time!
-I am afraid that I might have some bad news for you!
-You made us proud, dear son/daughter!
-How lucky we are to be your parents!
-It is an honor to be addressed as your mom!
-I heard about your dad’s failing health; how is he now?
-Avoid going to crowded places with a mask!
-You will be glad to hear that your sister has been selected for an interview!
-We just want you to be happy!
-Wish you all luck and good health!
-Please be in touch!
-Let’s plan for a get-together!
-Do you have the contact number of the English teacher?
-I heard you are getting married! Big congratulations, guys!
-Take good care of yourself!
-How are your preparations going on for the upcoming exams?
-Do you not miss homemade foods?
-Lately, I have been craving to meet you!
-Is everything fine with you?
-Your parents are working too hard to give you proper education!
-Be proud of your parents!
-We miss your lame jokes, to be honest!
-When we reunite, I want you to prepare apple pie for us!
-Did you get a roommate?
-What is your stream?
-Would you like to join us this weekend?
-We are planning something big for this new year, will you accompany us?
-Just a call away!
-We will reunite in your home this time!
-Select a good location for partying!
-I appreciate your efforts!
-Thank you for all that you have done for me!
-Already preparing for this weekend!
-Did you get the topics for the assignment?
-So cool, we are meeting this Saturday!
-Can’t wait to surprise you!
-Get a cook if you are not able to manage time!
-Hope for better results!
Useful Phrases for Informal Letter Writing
– Hey [Name]! How have you been? It feels like it’s been forever since we caught up.
– What’s up? I wanted to drop you a quick message and share some updates on my end.
– Long time no talk! Can you believe it’s been so long? I’ve got some stories to catch you up on.
– Just wanted to drop you a line and see how things are going your way. Anything exciting happening?
– Guess what happened? I’ve got some news that I couldn’t wait to share with you. You’re in for a surprise!
– So, here’s the scoop. Life’s been a bit of a whirlwind lately. Let’s catch up and fill each other in.
– I’ve got some exciting news to share, and you were the first person I thought of telling. Can’t wait to hear your reaction!
– Remember the time when…? Those memories keep coming back, and I thought it’d be fun to reminisce a bit.
– How have you been? Let’s skip the formalities and dive right into catching up. Fill me in on all the details!
– It’s been ages since we caught up properly. I hope this message finds you well and in the mood for a chat.
– Anyways, let’s get to the point. I’ve got a question for you that’s been on my mind lately.
– Can you believe that…? I came across something that reminded me of you, and I had to share.
– I wanted to get your opinion on something. Your insights are always valuable to me.
– Speaking of which, have you heard about…? I was intrigued by this recent news and wanted to discuss it with you.
– Oh, by the way… I have a funny story to tell you. Trust me, you’ll get a good laugh out of it.
– I’m curious to know your thoughts about… Let’s have a mini-debate about this topic that’s been on my mind.
– You won’t believe what I just found out! I had to share this interesting tidbit with you ASAP.
– Let’s plan something soon, shall we? It’s high time we caught up face to face. What do you say?
– Take care and talk soon! Looking forward to hearing back from you and continuing our conversation.
– Sending you warm vibes and a virtual hug. Stay awesome, and let’s reconnect soon!
Opening Phrases for Informal Letters
– Hey [Name]!
– Hi there!
– What’s up, [Name]?
– Greetings, my friend!
– Dear [Nickname]!
– Hi [Name], long time no chat!
– Hey, guess what?
– Hi [Name], hope this finds you well.
– Hiya [Name]!
– How’s life treating you, [Name]?
– Hi [Name], hope you’re doing awesome.
– Hello, dear [Name]!
– Hi [Name], just wanted to drop a line.
– Long time no see, [Name]!
– Hey [Name], I’ve got news!
– Hi [Name], sending some positive vibes your way.
– Hey there, [Name], hope you’re having a great day.
– What’s cracking, [Name]?
Informal Letter Phrases
– Hi there! I hope this letter finds you in good spirits and health. It’s been a while since we last connected, and I thought it’s high time we caught up.
– What’s up? I wanted to take a moment to write to you and see how everything’s going on your end. It feels like it’s been ages since we hung out.
– Hey, how’s life treating you? I’ve been meaning to reach out and share some updates on what’s been happening my side of the world.
– Long time no talk! I’ve been thinking about you and thought I’d drop you a letter to update you on the recent happenings in my life.
– I hope this letter finds you in good health and happiness. It’s been too long since we last communicated, and I’ve been eager to reconnect.
– How have you been? It’s been ages since we last caught up, and I’ve got a bunch of stories to share from recent adventures.
– What’s new in your world? I’m writing this letter to fill you in on the latest events and updates that have been going on in my life lately.
– Hey, hope this letter brings a smile to your face. I’ve been reminiscing about our past experiences and thought I’d share some thoughts with you.
– Howdy! I thought it’s about time we exchanged letters and updated each other on the significant changes that have occurred since our last chat.
– Greetings! I’ve been wanting to reach out for a while now. Life has taken some interesting turns recently, and I can’t wait to share the details with you.
– Hello, my friend! I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to take the opportunity to write you a letter and give you a glimpse into my life these days.
– Yo! It’s been way too long since we had a proper conversation. I figured I’d sit down and write you a letter to catch up on everything that’s been going on.
– How’s life been treating you lately? I’ve been thinking of all the memories we’ve shared and felt compelled to drop you a few lines about my current adventures.
– Hey there, stranger! Remember me? I thought it’s high time we rekindled our connection and brought each other up to speed on our individual journeys.
– What’s cracking? It’s been ages since we last chatted, and I felt like putting pen to paper to share the latest anecdotes from my side of the fence.
– Hi! I hope this letter adds a dash of excitement to your day. I’ve been up to quite a bit and wanted to update you on the whirlwind of activities in my life.
– Hey you! Can you believe how time has flown by? I wanted to sit down and write you a letter full of updates and funny incidents that have unfolded lately.
– Howdy-ho! I’ve been thinking about all the good times we’ve had, and I thought I’d drop you a letter to keep you in the loop about my recent escapades.
– Hey friend, long time no see! I hope this letter finds you in great spirits. I’ve been diving into new experiences and thought you’d enjoy hearing about them.
– What’s the haps? I felt like it’s been forever since we exchanged stories. So, here’s a letter to catch you up on my side of the world and hear about yours too!
😍 Want to Read More, Explore 👇 This Article
- How to Write an Anniversary Letter: 50 Free Templates
- Love Letter to Boyfriend: 60 heart-touching Templates
- How To Write a Cover Letter With No Experience: 82 Templates
- News Anchor Cover Letter example: 6 Templates
- Love Letter for Girlfriend: 60+ heart Touching Templates
- How To Write A Christmas Letter: 50+ Templates
- How to Write Sponsorship Letter: 47 Templates
- News Producer Cover Letter Example: 8 Templates
- Farewell Manager Letter: 75 Templates
- Love Letters: 40+ Heartfelt Letter Formats
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”