The ease of use, prompt returns and replacements, and shopping from the comfort of our homes are some features that attract us towards online shopping websites. But often we find the services of this e-commerce website not very satisfactory.
When we place an order for an item purchased from the website we expect the same to be in perfect condition. However, when it does not occur and the item delivered is damaged, it becomes a cause of concern for us.
Ref: Order no. [xxxx] of [date]
Dear Sir/ Madam
I am writing to discuss a problem concerning a product that I purchased from your online store. I ordered a trolley bag on 24 Aug 2020. The order stated that delivery will be done within a week. Today in the early morning it was delivered.
I opened the parcel and I observed that the handle of the bag is broken in such a way that it can’t be used for traveling. It sounds much more troublesome to me. After 6 days only I am going out of state and for packaging also it will take time around two days.
Therefore, I request you to send me the product without any damage within the stated time. I don’t want a refund.
The Consumer Rights Act states that the retailer is responsible for the condition of the goods until they are delivered to the customer, so any damage or breakage in route is the responsibility of you.
Of course, I do not expect to be responsible for paying the return shipping costs or any other cost. Please advise me on how you wish to handle the return of the goods, the courier, and the collection date.
I have attached herewith the invoice which has been sent to me during the time of ordering. I have also attached photos of the delivered product. Please go through that and replace the product as soon as possible.
I thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Reporting Missing Item Letter: 4 Templates
- Goods Received Acknowledgement Letter Template
- Received Damaged Item Complaint Letter: 4 Templates
- Complaint Letter for Delivery in Wrong Address: 4 Templates
- Wrong Product received Complaint Letter: 4 Templates
- Wrong Color Product Received Complaint Letter: 4 Templates
- Received Used Item Complaint Letter to Online Store
- Inconvenient Parking Facility Complaint Letter Template
- Receiving Wrong Sized Product Complaint Letter Templates
- Delivery Confirmation Letter: 4 Templates