There are at the times urgent requirements for parents to write to the school authorities about misbehavior, overburden, or indiscipline in school.
The teachers that teach your ward might be very strict or very lenient and both things are not right hence reaching out to the school becomes necessary.
In such letters, you must mention your kid and then what the issues are. Also insist on meeting the principal or the management so that your request is taken seriously.
How to Write a Complaint About a Teacher?
- Only use FACTS and concrete instances. When you include passion or an opinion, your letter loses credibility with the powers-that-be.
- Provide three to five bullet points with concrete examples that provide verifiable proof of how your instructor failed to teach the entire class.
- Also, when referring to the number of pupils who “also think so,” use the word “most” with caution. It is a human tendency to gravitate toward those who share our ideals or share our pre-formed opinions. This is not to argue that your viewpoint is unimportant. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to judge the perspectives of hundreds of students in numerous classrooms other than those with whom you currently engage.
- Maintain a detached and honest tone in your letter. Stick to your narrow set of grievances and avoid aggressive, harsh, or criticizing tones.
- Resist the need to make broad remarks about sad instructors, bad educational quality, or other minor complaints that are unrelated to the situation. Using broad generalizations might dilute your argument.
Complaint Letter Against Teacher
Brooklyn Elementary School
Sub: Complaint Letter Against Teacher
I am Andy and I am the father of Catherine, a student of 6th grade at your school. My daughter has been studying here for the last 4 years and I am completely satisfied with almost everything the school is providing for my child’s better future.
Recently though, hearing the news about your school’s Math teacher for my son’s grade, Miss Gabriela’s sickness was really saddening. However, the substitute teacher brought in has been completely ignorant in the words of my son and his friends. They are not happy with her ways.
According to them, she just sits in class all the time instead of teaching them and later gives them a huge load of homework which makes it harder for them to study for other subjects. When we complain, she shouts at them and threatens to give them low grades on purpose.
When I heard this, this came to me as a shock as the academics of your school have been undoubtedly the best in the city and we chose this school as we believe this would be the best for our son’s future. But, my daughter happens to be a topper of her class and when the words came from her, I was compelled to write this letter to you.
Hence I request you to kindly change the substitute teacher before it gets unbearable. I hope you will take strict action on this matter, and as soon as possible.
I am writing this letter to you as a formal complaint about my son’s Bett, sixth-grade teacher, Miss Julia. It appears to me by what my son and his friends are telling me that the teacher is not prepared or qualified to teach students at this grade level.
I am willing to help my child with his homework, but he never seems to have any, anymore. When I ask him if we can go over the daily lessons, he seems to be confused about the subject matter.
I have made several appointments to talk to her about my son, but she has canceled each one. I have visited the school on several occasions as well and seen her talking on her mobile phone during the class time while the students seem to have left unattended.
I am not insisting on a strict regimen at school, but I would like to see my child advance in all of the subjects required for his grade level.
I believe this is not only detrimental for my son, his academic future and that of other students in the class, but it also reflects really badly on the school’s reputation as a whole, which is the reason we chose this school over the others.
I can be reached at 555-173-8567. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
The City High School,
My son Rob is a student of your school for the past 4 years and is currently in grade 7. And he is also the Class Representative and is good with his academics.
I am writing this letter to bring this to your kind notice that, you recently hired a new teacher in mathematics. Sir, he is very good at mathematics but his behavior with students is not good is what I hear from my son and a few of his friends.
According to them, he is very abusive as well as he beats students at times. Sir, they are very good students and do not make such mistakes nor have we ever got any complaints about them disturbing the decorum of the class to such an extent that we need beating.
It was brought to my notice that he recently punished a student so hard that he started bleeding.
I hereby on behalf of my son and his friends’ parents, request you to take immediate measures to change the behavior of the professor. It is getting very difficult for us all to bear this.
I hope you will take the immediate required action, as the reputation of the school is at stake. The signatures of all the parents are attached to the application.
I’m writing to you on behalf of myself and two other concerned parents because we believe there’s a lack of education in your school.
Mrs. Hennesy, the replacement for Mathematics, in grade 9, for weeks now has been sending back poorly graded mathematics papers and overnight assignments that are troubling for me, because I was a Math major in college and I double-check all of my son’s everyday work.
Some of the questions that Mrs. Hennesy is marking wrongly are in fact right and the supporting work is being shown in reputed reference books. I have tried several sit-down discussions with Hennesy and the principal and the situation is not improving, nor is she interested in having any other meetings with us to discuss the issues.
I don’t understand what is going on here, and if maybe Mrs. Hennesy is singling out a few students in her class or if she honestly does not have any idea what she’s doing.
I have attached copies of letters and conversations I and other parents have had with the teacher, that have failed to get anything done. We would like to see a new teacher come in place of Mrs. Hennesy so that our children’s mathematical knowledge and academic results are not in jeopardy.
Also, attached are the names and numbers of two other concerned parents if you’d like to hear their opinion.
Mrs. Roberts – 921-1029
Mr. Davis – 921-1123
- Teacher Farewell Letter: 16 Templates
- 211+ Best Teachers WhatsApp Statuses And Messages
- Substitute Teacher Cover Letter: 4 Templates
- Recommendation Letters for Teacher – 6 Sample Formats
- Teacher Appraisal Letter: 10 Templates
- Son-In-Law Anniversary Letter: 10 Templates
- Teacher Cover Letter: 4 Templates
- Teachers Introduction Letter: 6 Sample Formats
- Replacement of Teacher Request Letter to Principal: 5 Templates
- 251+ Best Friend WhatsApp Statuses And Messages